Wednesday 5 October 2011

When I grow up I want to be Fifi Lapin

When I was a kid I wanted to be an Olsen twin. Kind of ludicrous since they are five years younger than me. Aren’t you supposed to long to turn into someone older and more sophisticated? But as they grew up and their clothing changed from Osh Kosh to Oscar de la Renta, I think it become clear that my ambition was more than justified.

But now that I’m grown up and everything, such silliness is a thing of the past.

Right?

Oh oh spaghetti ohs. I think things have got worse. Because now, I want to be Fifi Lapin.

And she’s a rabbit.

Not just any rabbit mind you. I mean, just take a moment to bask in the splendour of this bunny’s fashion-forward style. Below she's head-to-toe Carolina Herrera.


Elle has declared her "the world’s most stylish bunny", and Vogue pronounced her "an unlikely – but powerful – fashion force". Since 2007 she’s been blogging (she’s in my blog crushes – take a look) about her fashion finds from the likes of Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney and Anna Sui (that’s just three examples, the list is infinite). She’s had her own lines in Topshop, Forever21 and Pimkie in Europe. She’s been featured in countless magazines. She’s big in Japan. And she has a puppy called Stella.

All that and her best friend is a fricking cat called Ruby Gatta. Does life get any sweeter?

Yeah, she may be a rabbit. But, my gosh, when I grow up I want to be Fifi Lapin.

Sigh.

I guess this is much like my ambition of being Japanese. It’s probably never going to happen. But I can do the next best thing. I can wear her. Because Sarah Scott (my very own Ruby Gatta) has been to Pimkie and picked me out a Fifi Lapin sweater.

Check. It. Out.



Fifi pulls off those round-rimmed frames in a way I never could. I guess that’s why she’s the world’s most stylish bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment